Thursday, February 09, 2006

Just One Of Those Days...

My work has good hours and bad hours...

I was on the telephone yesterday afternoon for a good half hour with a frantic daddy of a soon-to-graduate student who I'm in the process for prosecuting, trying to explain how easy it would be for the case to go far, far away. Today, the son comes in and starts nearly hyperventilating, trying to decide what do to. I have to basically hold his hand and explain the facts of life to him three or four times before the glimmer of understanding pops into his eyes.

My brother, handling the sale of our parents' home, called this morning to tell me that the deal was off because the prospective buyer couldn't get his financing in order. This afternoon, he calls and tells me that the deal is back on because the bank was concerned about environmental impact of an old propane tank and an old oil fuel tank in the yard; the buyer is apparently so eager to buy the old place that he's willing to take the tanks out at his own expense and resubmit the deal to his bank. I'm keeping my fingers crossed, since mentally I've been figuring out fun and exciting ways to spend (and invest) my half of the proceeds.

My process server won lunch for twenty from a local barbeque place. My fingers still smell like the ribs I had for my portion and it reminds me that I really have to go work out tonight at the gym. Mea culpa, mea culpa....

No comments: